Work Your Legs Like a Dancer
While we weren’t all born with the legs of a prima ballerina, we can definitely get our leg muscles looking leaner with a simple exercise — the plié!
Pliés are great because you can do them anywhere — the only thing you might need is the back of a chair, to hold on to for balance. In addition to working wonders for your thighs, butt, and calves, pliés help improve your posture and alignment. There’s a reason dancers do them so much — they’re a miracle exercise! To get an even more effective workout, I encourage you to hold small dumbbells while you plié. This will work your arms and will increase the resistance of your body as you bend and lift.
To start, begin in ballet’s second position, with your feet wider than hip width apart and your toes turned out. Pull your abs in toward your spine. If you choose to use weights, hold them in front of your thighs or at your hips. Now, inhale as you bend your knees and lower yourself (plié), bringing your knees out to the sides. Exhale as you press through your heels and inner thighs to rise. Repeat, and hold the down position of your last repetition for as long as you can, trying to open your knees outward as you do so.
Go on, achieve the legs you’ve always wanted. They’re only a plié away!
- pot-ent-wife likes this
- korijade likes this
- style-addicted likes this
- bubblegumkisses-xoxo reblogged this from 1dgirlfriendlookbook
- throughgalaxies likes this
- tropi--cool reblogged this from 1dgirlfriendlookbook and added:
- magical-feels likes this
- yummusic likes this
- el-in-manchester likes this
- pointemade likes this
- live-like-eleanor likes this
- babiesonthestairs reblogged this from 1dgirlfriendlookbook
- justeleanorjanecalder reblogged this from 1dgirlfriendlookbook
- dancerrrrrrb-deactivated2014011 submitted this to 1dgirlfriendlookbook